Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joe C Hubbard Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joe C Hubbard Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Joe C Hubbard Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
We would recommend Dr. Hubbard to anyone needing a primary care physician. Dr. Hubbard was, by far, one of the best doctors we have ever had. I say 'had' only because Dr. Hubbard relocated from our home town, Abilene, to Comanche, TX. We miss him greatly and wish he would move back to Abilene!! Dr. Hubbard was always very courteous and would put you at ease in every situation. He is extremely intelligent and shows a true interest and concern for you, as his patient. He has always followed up on our visits when a long-tern medication was prescribed. Dr. Hubbard's staff, in Abilene, were outstanding and I would find it hard to believe he would employee anything other than outstanding, where ever he treats. I would not put much stock in the outlandish, negative comments of some, without giving Dr. Hubbard a fair shot, yourself!
OMG....if you want to get your breasts felt up at every appointment and have him offer to do your pap smear, go ahead and see Dr Hubbard. It was so creepy to have my primary dr want to do a breast exam most everytime I was there. then, when he asked if i had gone to my ob-gyn for annual pap smear, he said that she is usually busy all the time and if I want, he could just do it there in his office. YUCK!!! Not no, but heck no.
34 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Joe C Hubbard Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsComanche County Medial Center, 10201 Highway 16, Comanche, TX
Dr. Joe C Hubbard Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Comanche, TX.