Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joe Mendoza Jr
Dr. Joe Mendoza Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seymour, TX. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Mendoza is affiliated with Kell West Regional Hospital, Kell West Regional Hospital and Seymour Hospital, Seymour, Tx. He speaks English.
Dr. Joe Mendoza Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 6
Wait time is 1-1/2 hours with an appointment. Had some common tests done a year ago, just found out that I have a condition that could have improved if I would have been notified to take medication. Asked why I am just finding this out after a year ago. Response was that he just got the test results
Have been seen in the emergency room twice by this doctor. He DOES NOT LISTEN to a word you say. I would drive to Metroplex before I go to Kell West ER if this Doctor is there again. He is very short, tacky and apparently does not like what he does for a living. I can not figure out if he is just in THAT bad of a mood, or if he is just a jerk all the time. Needs to get a refresher course in bedside manner. I felt worse after I left the ER due to him, and he did NOTHING for me. If he would take two minutes to listen to the patient, let it soak in without his smart remarks or sharp and rude returns.
Dr. Mendoza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kell West Regional Hospital
Kell West Regional Hospital
Seymour Hospital, Seymour, Tx
Wilbarger General Hospital
Wilbarger General Hospital, Vernon, Tx
36 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1977
Detroit Macomb Hospitals Corp
Dr. Joe Mendoza Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoe Mendoza Jr MD, 18 Arledge Dr, Seymour, TX
Dr. Joe Mendoza Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seymour, TX.