Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joe L Reese has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joe L Reese has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Reese is currently being seen by five of my family members myself included. He is one of the kindest and most sweet hearted men I know. I would gladly recommend him to anyone. His only shortcoming is his willingness to take on a large number of patients which often results in rushed appointments if it is simply a follow up for a minimal health issue. Beyond this, he budgets his time very well and makes multiple visits when his patients are hospitalized to ensure they are being cared for. He had a heart of gold and his practice is his life.
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Reese for over 20 years. During all this time, he has NEVER failed to be size-by-side with us through a serious burn, broken neck, cancer, heart surgery and everyday sicknesses. His compassion, caring, professionalism, and outstanding medical abilities have been foremost - just who he is 24/7. We hold him in high regard and trust him completely.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Reese is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Tulsa Medical College
Dr. Joe L Reese accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Tulsa Diagnostics, 6585 S Yale Ave Ste 1150, Tulsa, OK
Dr. Joe L Reese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.