Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joe P Salgado MD
Dr. Joe P Salgado, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Artesia, NM, with another office in Artesia, NM. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Joe P Salgado has 2 locations
612 N 13th St Ste D
Artesia, NM 88210
Dr. Joe P Salgado has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joe P Salgado has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Joe P Salgado is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
impolite and loud..he needs to be more considerate of others.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joe P Salgado - Posted on February 24th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joe P Salgado - Posted on August 21st, 2010
23 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Joe P Salgado Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Joe P Salgado
Dr. Salgado is a native of Artesia. He is Board Certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Family Practice. He earned medical degrees from the University of New Mexico and completed his internship and medical residency at John Peter Smith in Fort Worth, Texas. Dr. Salgado lists spending time with family and weight lifting among his favorite things.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joe P Salgado is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Artesia, NM.