Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joe E Whitaker
Dr. Joe E Whitaker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Whitaker is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital and St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Whitaker has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joe E Whitaker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 36
6 months after my Ankle Surgery I asked for Emergency Appt with my Orthopedic Surgeon but his office would not give me an appointment so I made appointment with Dr Whtaker and day of my appt I was in so much Pain that his employees had to put me in a wheel chair because I could not Walk and Dr Whitaker saw my Leg with a big Bump he knew in 3 Seconds what was wrong and had to call my Surgeon To Schedule Emergency Surgery and DR WHITAKER IS A GODSEND AND ALL HIS EMPLOYEES ARE SPECIAL
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Whitaker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Joe E Whitaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsW W G Inc, 4108 Henderson Blvd, Tampa, FL
Dr. Joe E Whitaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.