Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel J Augustin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Male Circumcision
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I love Dr. Augustin, but his staff is awful! I'm on Adderall, which is a narcotic, so the pharmacy can't just fax in a form, I have to call and pick up my Rx. I called Monday last week, it's Monday now, I've called 3 times and no Rx yet. I don't know what the problem is, the staff is friendly for the most part just not efficient. A woman named Mariana seems to big part of the problem: she's the one that answers my calls most of the time for my Rx, and then when I call back, and get a different receptionist there's never a sign that she left a note for Dr. Augustin. I want to change Doctors because of the staff, but I like Dr. Augustin so I feel bad about switching, If I don't have my Rx by tomorrow (I took my last Adderall today, and get awful withdraw without it), I'm changing doctors.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Augustin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Joel J Augustin accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRush University Family Physicians, 1700 W Van Buren St Ste 470, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel J Augustin in this video.
Dr. Joel J Augustin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.