Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel Cohen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel Cohen has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Joel Cohen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Cohen's idea of having a house call health care business is a good one. He hires nurse practitioners to make the house calls and take care of the mostly elderly and immobile patients. The nurse practitioners are well meaning but they often stay with Dr. Cohen's practice for a very short amount of time. Each time there is a new practitioner, we have to start all over again with history, allergies, etc. The office staff does not keep the medical records current. This places the nurse practitioner of-the-day in a bad position. So, they quit. In droves. When none were available for a much needed house call (which is all this doctor's office does), there was no nurse practitioner on staff for central Phoenix. (Because she was one of many who quit the practice to go elsewhere). Dr. Cohen himself showed up. He was abrupt, disinterested and actually made a medicine error. There are other mobile doctor businesses in Maricopa County. My advice is to choose one of the other ones.
31 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Joel Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMd Roomservice Doctorcare Pllc, 7010 E Acoma Dr, Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Joel Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.