Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel W Duncan
Dr. Joel W Duncan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Duncan is affiliated with Providence Hospital Northeast and Carolinas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel W Duncan has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel W Duncan has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Joel W Duncan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Duncan has been my mother, Ruth Cox's heart doctor since 2005 when we moved to SC. His personality and medical proficiency is the best I've ever encountered. Appointments are always promptly handled and each patient is treated like family. There is no one I had rather take care of mom than Dr. Duncan. I trust him completely.
Dr. Duncan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Joel W Duncan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPalmetto Cardiology Associates, 1655 Bernardin Ave Ste 300, Columbia, SC
Dr. Joel W Duncan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.