Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel T Gates has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Joel Gates is one of the old fashioned MD's who thinks he's standing in for God Himself. Very controlling, rude, condescending, heartless, and mired in those old archaic ways of "practicing medicine" instead of promoting and teaching wellness. He knows nothing about and actually mocks the principals behind integrative/functional medical care (a true dinosaur in the field of medicine). He put my husband's health in jeopardy in an attempt to control how my husband chose to conduct his own medical care. In such a supposedly progressive, health minded little community, I'm shocked that there aren't wellness minded, proactive physicians in Ridgway. This lack of excellent medical wellness care is a very difficult to deal with situation that I didn't discover until after I moved here.
He was a great doc speant lots of time with my complex health issues. We lost our insurance and he got not so caring. i applied for medicaid and then when that time elapsedwith no answer, i got a lawyer to get my medicaid. I added up where he made OVER 56 K in the 12 prior months off insurance, yet on cash pay he is short and I have been threatened to be let go unless we can come up with half my 2000 dollar bill. there are 11 in my family, 5 with insurance, and rest of us will have caid soon- but meanwhile self pay he is not nice as was, blows me off when I try to talk to him, he used to take up to 2 hours with me if needed. I just thought he was a refreshing different dr. I was wrong, money driven as the rest of dr i ever went to see. I can't wait to get on medicaid just to show him the diference if he will listen
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gates is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Joel T Gates accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMountain Medical Center, 295 Sherman St, Ridgway, CO
Dr. Joel T Gates is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ridgway, CO.