Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel M Glassman
Dr. Joel M Glassman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jenkintown, PA, with another office in Jenkintown, PA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Glassman is affiliated with Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, Magee Rehabilitation Hospital and Abington Jefferson Health. Dr. Glassman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel M Glassman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel M Glassman has the following 12 expertise
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Joel M Glassman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Glassman seems to be an ok doctor. The trouble comes when you have to deal with is incompetent staff of secrataries. It is almost near impossible to get a return phone call, and if you call to speak to someone about why your call has gone unreturned they have the nerve to give you attitude. BOTTOM LINE, GO FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR, and avoid the lady sitting at the reception desk. I have only dealt with him for less than 2 years, and have been completely dissatisfied with the type of attention that he/mostly the secratary, gives his patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Glassman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Joel M Glassman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel M Glassman in this video.
Dr. Joel M Glassman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jenkintown, PA.