Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel E Goldberg
Dr. Joel E Goldberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Great Neck, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Goldberg is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. Dr. Goldberg has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel E Goldberg has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel E Goldberg has the following 18 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Cholesterol
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
Showing 5 of 26
At Great Neck Cardiology they are very efficientwith the Dr's time but very inefficient with patients time. More often then not you spend an hour waiting,often in one of the small rooms with electrode leads on your body and a paper gown,while the Dr is going room to room to room to room. Also the staff is terse to the point of rude. Dr Goldberg is over aggressive in treatments and time between office visits. It's common for him to say 6 months for your next appointment then schedule one for four months. It's like a butcher putting his finger on the scale and you can't help but wonder whats more important... your health or his wallet
Dr Joel Goldberg has the " rare " ability to call in another specialist when needed,this means he puts his patient first and Ego second, I was recently hospitalized and only because of his skill and humility am I alive,,so he does not like to speak on the phone but when an Emergency arises he is " there " with all the professionalism and skill he has to offer and that's a lot, I recommend him highly in fact I would dare say he saved more lives than any other doctor I have known,he has true compassion and offers a positive outlook when things are challenging. I hope he will practice for many more years.E
Dr.Goldberg takes time to get to know his patients. He looks at the whole person, not just his specialty,the heart. I see him as my primary doctor, and I find him not only knowledgeable about the heart, but all the systems of the body. He is a good listener and an excellent diagnostician. Yes, you may wait longer in his office, but he gives each patient the time needed, and you never feel rushed. It is obvious that he is a dedicated doctor who loves his chosen profession.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Goldberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Joel E Goldberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNyu Langone Great Neck Cardiology Group, 310 E Shore Rd Ste 104, Great Neck, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel E Goldberg in this video.
Dr. Joel E Goldberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Great Neck, NY.