Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel H Kaplan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Joel H Kaplan has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Joel H Kaplan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joel H Kaplan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Kaplan is a psychiatrist who breaches confidentiality on a regular basis. I discovered this when his wife approached me in Synagogue, and put her hand on my arm. I was not socially acquainted with Mrs. Kaplan. When I asked Dr. Kaplan about this, he said "I discuss all my cases with my Family at the Sabbath Table. He said this included first and LAST Names. Dr. Kaplan treats numerous patients from his own Synagogue, which makes such breaches even more egregious as his family is likely to know the patients whom he treats for psychiatric conditions. Dr. Kaplan went on to say"You have NOTHING TO FEAR from the Kaplan Family." In other words, Dr. Kaplan, who is legally bound by professional confidentiality, breaches confidentiality on a regular basis, but his wife and children, who are not bound by confidentiality,according to Dr. Kaplan will keep confidentiality, while the Dr. who is legally bound by confidentiality is not. I ran into my next door neighbor at his office. He TOLD ME HER DIAGNOSIS ! Dr. Kaplan also has quite a temper.He readily admitted to this. But I think the fact that he breaches confidentiality is enough reason to avoid this psychiatrist.
- Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJoel Howard Kaplan Md, 1048 Reads Ln, Far Rockaway, NY
Dr. Joel H Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Far Rockaway, NY.