Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joel H Weinberg has the following 1 specialty
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Joel H Weinberg has the following 3 expertise
- Critical Care
Dr. Joel H Weinberg has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Weinberg has been my dr since age 18. I'm now ,,34. He's so well respected and deservingly so. I find it funny however when hospital staff are intimidated and nervous in his presence. Hes by far one of the most intelligent and compassionate men I have been blessed to meet, but hes also so down to earth. He spends most of my clinic appts taking turns making funof me with my fiancee. I know this is so selfish of me, but i never want him to retire. I truly love and admire the man. It would be a sad and scary world without people like him who dedicate their whole lives taking care of sick people. FYI I also get calls from CF staff when not caring for myself properly. What other drs and nurses care enough to do that?
Jol Weinberg is one of the best CF doctors in the nation!! He has been an adult CF doctor longer then anyother CF doctor. He is a wonderful person and doctor. However to say he has good bedside manner is a long shot!!! He and I have grown very close over the years and we can say just about anything to eachother. He calls me if I miss appointments and tells me he has a few 4 letter words for me. He calls me names and has told me how stupid I am on several occations!!! lol However, he has always been there for me and has saved my life 2 times. I am here because of Joel Weinberg and I can honestly say I love the man and don't know what I would do without him. I know for a fact I wouldn't be here today. If you have CF and are looking for a doctor there is no better doctor then Joel Weinberg!!! You just have to be willing to laugh at yourself and him from time to time!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
42 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Joel H Weinberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
Locations & DirectionsMedical Thoracic Associates, 5200 Centre Ave Ste 610, Pittsburgh, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel H Weinberg, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Pittsburgh, PA, in this video.
Dr. Joel H Weinberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.