Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel Hershey
Dr. Joel Hershey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hauppauge, NY, with another office in Ridgewood, NY. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Hershey is affiliated with Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The, North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Southside Hospital and South Oaks Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel Hershey has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have 5 children who are frequent patients at Dr. Hershey's Office in Hauppauge. My oldest daughter is 11 n has been his been under his care for over 10 years. He is a great Doctor. He's wonderful with kids. Never in a rush. Always has patience with my babies who are often harder to care for than older ones. I would reccomend anybody to Dr. Hershey. As long as he's in practice my children will see him for all medical care.
Dr. Hershey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Southside Hospital
South Oaks Hospital
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Elmhurst Hospital Center
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Steven and Alexandra Cohen Childrenos Medical Center of New York
North Shore University Hospital
Long Island Jewish Hospital
Steven and Alexandra Cohen Childrens Med Ctr of NY
LIJ Medical Center
39 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Joel Hershey accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel Hershey in this video.
Dr. Joel Hershey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hauppauge, NY.