Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel M Hirschberg has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel M Hirschberg has the following 11 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Weight Loss
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Joel M Hirschberg has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 35
Treated my mother with no respect. She has an autoimmune disease. He was rude, and disrespectful to her. She is a doctors wife. And I am a physician. Not good Dr. Hirschberg. She has had to look elsewhere for a rheumatologist due to his lack of understanding and lack of caring. Empathy is important in a physician. There are better docs out there. Avoid this one.
I really wanted to stay with Dr. Hirschberg, but after my last visit I left with the feeling of I need to make a change. He almost acted like it was such a bother to even see me. Something has changed here, and I just don't like it. He is so busy shuffling thru my file flipping pages and never looks up as I explain while I am there in the first place, and when I tell him my situation, he waves it off, like NO BIG DEALâ¦ I honestly get the feeling that he is not LOOKING nor LISTENING to me what so ever. He is so busy with his dictation that it is rude and distracting. I feel frustrated and leave with the feeling of what a waste of time. I also called once before and needed a basic refill of a medication that is for my joints and his office said I would have to call my GP for the refill. Even during this last visit, he suggested I see my GPâ¦ I said well then what am I coming to you FOR.???? seriouslyâ¦ I walked out and said Im done, called the next day and cancelled the 3 week follow up to go over my labsâ¦ I already have gone over my labs with my GP 3 days later when the results were in and have moved on to finding a doctor that is not just going through the motions anymore. Its very disappointing because I really wanted this to work, and he was highly recommended to me.
Dr. Hirschberg did not help me at all. He was the first rheumatologist I was referred to. I was having serious joint issues and was really scared because I am under 30. This guy told me I was fine and rushed me out of there. I have clear signs of psoriasis and swollen joints but he just ignored everything. He gave me no hope or help. Don't waste your time with this "doctor" because he is a thief and a joke.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
42 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1976
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Joel M Hirschberg accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsEisenhower Medical Center, 39000 Bob Hope Dr, Rancho Mirage, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel M Hirschberg in this video.
Dr. Joel M Hirschberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.