Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel D Holliday
Dr. Joel D Holliday, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Mesquite, TX. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Holliday is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock, Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel D Holliday has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joel D Holliday has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 17
This man has been my doctor for 40 years. Other doctors I have used have been great, but this man is the best. His patients are his prime concern and he is very hands on. He does his own blood pressure checks and other services because he wants the information first hand to serve his patients better.
I saw him once about 14 years ago. I had just seen a public doctor with a nasty ear infection - have long history of those. Was trying to get a referral to an ENT. First doctor I ever encountered who wanted copayment in advance. Dumb staff claimed it was insurance policy. He came charging in room with his blood pressure cuff in toe & attacked me with it. Said my BP was high and I could come back on Friday. Said my ear was "just infected"- no ENT referral. Didn't care about my long history of ear infections. I left, called his staff and told them that I wasn't dumb enough to fall for the claim that the insurance company made me pay in advance and that I needed more than a blood pressure cuff for care. Then I hung up and called my insurance company for a new PCP immediately. Yes, he followed up, or I think he did. That week I got notice of a certified letter, which I didn't bother to pick up. I think he sent me a termination letter. Arrogant and dumb! Why would he think I'd come back to him? There's someone worse in medical school waiting to replace him.
Dr. Holliday is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Dr. Joel D Holliday accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPremier Care Physicians, 2704 N Galloway Ave Ste 103, Mesquite, TX
Dr. Joel D Holliday is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesquite, TX.