Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel Huber
Dr. Joel Huber, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miller, SD. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Huber is affiliated with Avera Hand County Memorial Hospital, Avera Holy Family Health and St Marys Hospital - Pierre. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel Huber has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Huber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Avera Holy Family Health
St Marys Hospital - Pierre
Avera Hand County Memorial Hospital and Clinic
Weiner Memorial Medical Center
Avera St Lukes
Hand County Memorial Hospital, Miller, Sd
Hegg Memorial Health Center
Creighton Area Health Services
39 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Grant Medical Center
Dr. Joel Huber accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAvera Hand County Memorial Hospital, 300 W 5th St, Miller, SD
Dr. Joel Huber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miller, SD.