More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel H Hurt has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Wrist Injury
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I have a frozen shoulder - who ever heard of that. Dr. Hurt took time to explain what it was and the best course of action for me. No surgery and no physical therapy until the shoulder started to move freely. Otherwise, I would just be in pain. He monitored my progress every 3 months and explained my status (or lack of progress). He takes the time I need to let me know I am okay.
Dr. Hurt gave me back my life by performing 2 knee replacements within a 6 month period. I had suffered for 10 years and although Dr. Hurt had told me that my cartilage was gone, I chose to let technology advance before finally having the surgeries. Dr. Hurt is a professional leader, excellent doctor and a fine man. I can walk again without pain!
Dr. Hurt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Joel H Hurt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsTexas Orthopedics Sports Rehabilitation, 4700 Seton Center Pkwy Ste 200, Austin, TX
Dr. Joel H Hurt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.