Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel C Hyman has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
First time with this doctor, new to me because my regular Dr. Moved out of Texas. First thing he said to me: why did you miss your last appt? Excuse me, nice to meet you too. You like it or not, we are clients who can easily move somewhere else (perhaps I will). This Dr. definitely needs some customer service training.
I value doctors who have the courtesy to see patients within a reasonable time. To wait any longer than 15 minutes without a follow-up or explanation from a nurse or staff is disrespectful of patients' time. This practice has a "no-show" price tag for patient accountability. Where is accountability for the respect of patients time?
ihave seen this doctor on 4 occasions now and each time he responds a bit differently..he is human of course so you cant expect a a robotic response..i read some other reviews of him and his office and they were not good..he is fairly young and new to the woodlands dermatology practice..he is friendly but does not answer all your questions..he acts as if he is in a hurry and you feel stupid asking about dots and spots and keratoses on your skin..i have seen other dermatologists who act in a similar fashion and really "poo-poo" anything that is not skin cancer or psoriasis..they do not like to comment on cosmetic things,nor do the freeze off thing..unfortunately i have a raltive that died from melanoma, so i need to have at least yearly visits to check my overall skin, and he has found a carcinoma which he removed..
Dr. Hyman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Joel C Hyman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Woodlands Dermatology Associates, 9303 Pinecroft Dr Ste 150, Spring, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel C Hyman in this video.
Dr. Joel C Hyman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spring, TX.