Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel K Kahn
Dr. Joel K Kahn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bloomfield Hills, MI. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kahn is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. Dr. Kahn has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel K Kahn has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Heart Failure
- Autonomic Nervous System Diseases
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Coronary Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Catheterization
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
After using several cardiologists I came upon Dr. Kahn. I'm still here. He is the absolute best as is his staff. He and his staff are knowledgeable and caring. He is up on all medications and also alternative meds. He takes his time and also makes sure you understand him. I don't know what else to say except if you want a good doctor, he's the best.
Dr. Kahn has been my cardiologist since a heart attack 16 years ago (1995). My first contact with him was pure chance but, followup inquiries and examination of his credentials indicate that I had the "luck of the draw".Anything he has ever told me turned out to be true and, in addition to his clinical skills, his knowledge of current medications has always been impressive.
phone system sucks. took over 2 days to get script refilled
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kahn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1983
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Joel K Kahn accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoel K Kahn Md, 4050 W Maple Rd Ste 108, Bloomfield Hills, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel K Kahn in this video.
Dr. Joel K Kahn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bloomfield Hills, MI.