Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel Kizner has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Joel Kizner has the following 15 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Uterine Diseases
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Joel Kizner has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joel Kizner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I would go back ! He delivered my child I was happy with everything I never had a complaint he explained everything to me and did his best to make me feel comfortable.his staff is very nice and friendly they always remember you Dr KIzner is very good at what he does I had a doctor already when I got pregnant but my sister told me how good Dr kizner was and I moved over to him and ever since I recommend people to go to him .
Dr. Kizner really means well and seems to want to be a good doctor for his patients. However, I personally get the feeling that I am 'bothering' him even when I am there for an annual exam. He doesn't talk to me while he's doing any procedures. It may just be 'his way' and his personality, but I don't seem to mesh well with him. I am in peri-menopause and he hasn't really talked to me about options and has actually scared me by some of the things he's said...i.e., irregular bleeding could be uterine cancer, etc...instead of scaring me like that, why don't we do some testing first and then you can tell me instead of being so frank up front. I'm not looking for my doctor to be my buddy or my friend, but I do wish that I didn't feel like he was in a hurry to get to his next patient. I also wish that he would explain options to me so that I could make better, more informed decisions. I will be finding a different doctor...I've tried for several years to get into 'his groove', but I just think it's better that I find another doctor. On a positive note, I will say that his staff is friendly and have a good sense of humor.
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Mc Gill University Fac Med Hospital
Dr. Joel Kizner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health & Reproductive Center, 10861 Cherry St Ste 109, Los Alamitos, CA
Dr. Joel Kizner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Alamitos, CA.