- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel Krakauer MD
Dr. Joel Krakauer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Raleigh, NC, with other offices in Raleigh, NC and Garner, NC . He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Krakauer is affiliated with WakeMed Cary Hospital, Rex Healthcare Inc. and Wake Med Raleigh Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel Krakauer has 3 locations
Dr. Joel Krakauer has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Joel Krakauer has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Joel Krakauer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel Krakauer - Posted on February 18th, 2019
Dr. Joel did bolster carpal tunnel release on me in 1998. I’ve never had a problem since. I know have a a non-union fracture of the scaphoid bone which was misdiagnosed as tendinitis for 13 years. I’m planning on going to Dr. Joel to have it fixed because he did such a wonderful job on my carpel Tunnell. Can’t wait to see him so my wrist will finally quit hurting. I know he’s the best hand surgeon around.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel Krakauer - Posted on June 17th, 2015
Dr. Krakauer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
WakeMed Cary Hospital
Rex Healthcare Inc.
Wake Med Raleigh Campus
WakeMed Health and Hospitals
University Hospital, Inc Cincinnati
24 Years Experience
University of California at San Diego
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Joel Krakauer Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Joel Krakauer's office for more information.
3515 Glenwood Ave Raleigh, NC : (919) 781-5600
3633 Harden Rd Raleigh, NC : (919) 781-5600
109 Forest Hills Dr Garner, NC : (919) 781-5600
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joel Krakauer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.