Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel I Last MD
Dr. Joel I Last, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greensburg, PA, with another office in Greensburg, PA. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Last is affiliated with Highlands Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel I Last has 2 locations
225 Humphrey Rd Ste 4
Greensburg, PA 15601
2000 Tower Way Ste 2037
Greensburg, PA 15601
Dr. Joel I Last has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Joel I Last has the following 6 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 12
Dishonest and poor diagnostic skills
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel I Last - Posted on December 6th, 2018
Excellent treatment record and great for veterans
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel I Last - Posted on November 19th, 2018
I told him I was being gaslighted and he told me to leave his office he was no longer my dr. I was ABUSING my pills...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel I Last - Posted on April 16th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel I Last - Posted on February 15th, 2017
I have been under the care of Dr. Last for approx. 10 years now. People are cruel when they go to certain doctors , especially those in the medical profession that have the ability to write prescriptions for psychiatric reasons. I must say that Dr. Last has, and continually does, inquire about the wellness of myselfI am forever indebted to Dr, Last, He truly listens to me, and can spot any problems that may be troubling me, that I am may not so quite aware of. He has given me lierattly, a healthy regime of medications that I need., and listens. Very professioal. I have not im
I know 3 patients that go to see him. I have some serious problems. The 3 people I know told me to lie . But I was uncomfortable with it
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel I Last - Posted on November 4th, 2016
Dr. Last is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Joel I Last Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joel I Last is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greensburg, PA.