Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel M Lattin
Dr. Joel M Lattin, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington Heights, IL. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Lattin is affiliated with St Alexius Medical Center and Medical Care Group of Elk Grove Village. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel M Lattin has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 14
I am a Senior with stage four cancer in pain and he verbally assaulted me, because I took pain pills, was constipated and nearly in tears from the pain, but said YES the day before when I asked should I take one. I did call medicare, and sent proof of his whiny, little, idea of care, as they shouldnt pay for Drs that love to abuse and sent a copy to Alexian bros
Had no choice but to see him at the hospital during his rounds. He completely didn't care what I had to say, didn't care about my previous diagnosis, and said I had to see someone else because I didn't have my records in front of him. Unprofessional!
Dr. Lattin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Joel M Lattin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIllinois Gastroenterology Group, 1415 S Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL
Dr. Joel M Lattin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington Heights, IL.