Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel Brown
Dr. Joel Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Medical Center Of Plano, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and TX Health Plano. Dr. Brown has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
One of the best doctors I have ever had. Has helped me get my blood sugars under control. Spent more time on first visit with me than the previous doctor did in a whole year. Sound and solid advice; never more than one other person waiting in office when I have an appointment. Have recommended to others and they say the same thing.
Great doctor who actually spends time with you to fully understand you health. When my doctor retired it took a while to find someone this good. He clealy explains treatment options and seems to genuinely care about the quality of medicine he provides. My experience has been that doctors like him are hard to find.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical Center Of Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
TX Health Plano
39 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMedical Clinic of North Texas, 4001 W 15th St, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel Brown in this video.
Dr. Joel Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.