Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel M Miller MD
Dr. Joel M Miller has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel M Miller has the following 16 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Lipid Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
Dr. Joel M Miller is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel M Miller - Posted on August 27th, 2019
Doctor makes you wait 1-2 hours in waiting room and then over 30 mins in exam room. Staff is rude and unorganized, staff is always quitting. Doctor is unorganized doesn’t care about patients. Office is a mess, files are old paper and falling apart nothing is updated. No one ever returns your call, test results are lost and medical assistants are always quitting staff is always changing.
Worse Endocrinologist EVER!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel M Miller - Posted on April 25th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel M Miller - Posted on July 12th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel M Miller - Posted on October 15th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joel M Miller - Posted on June 5th, 2014
52 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1967
Dr. Joel M Miller Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJOEL MICHAEL MILLER MD, 6 Northwestern Dr Ste 303, Bloomfield, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel M Miller, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Bloomfield, CT, in this video.
Dr. Joel M Miller is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bloomfield, CT.