Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel V Mabalot has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Disorders
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I visited this doctor several times with my husband who was the patient. My husband previously had bloodwork prior to the visit, and we were there to see about results. The doctor rushes into the room looks at us and asks why we were there. Obviously not having bothered to even consult his file. This was the norm. We tell him and he rushes out and then back to spend all of two minutes with us. Also, the staff would call to schedule appointments, my husband would get there and they would ask him why he was there, to which he replied that they had called him to come in. They were also not capable of canceling appointments when you called and then would call and want to know where you were. I finally told my husband we were wasting time with this practice, and then we receive a letter saying they are dropping him, because of missed appointments. Unbelievable and unacceptable. How and why does Riverside put up with this incompetency.
Dr. Mabalot is one of the most professional, friendly, caring physicians I have seen in my 69 years of life. His office staff was outstanding. I was extremely impressed with everyone that I came in contact with, at this appointment. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs an endocrinologist. Based on the other reviews on Dr. Mabalot, I went with a rather negative attitude, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I would rank him at the very top!
20 Years Experience
Far Eastern University Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
Graduated in 1998
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Joel V Mabalot accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRiverside Physician Services Inc, 12200 Warwick Blvd Ste 590, Newport News, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel V Mabalot in this video.
Dr. Joel V Mabalot is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport News, VA.