Dr. Joel Mayerson Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Joel Mayerson?

Posted on July 6th, 2016

Everyone at his office were great. They were so kind and explained everything. He was great. Very accurate on what he was saying, explaining everything and showing us with visuals what he was going to do and what he was concerned with. The whole experience was wonderful especially what we were there for. Put us at ease

Posted on July 5th, 2016

Initially I had a poor opinion of him because as ha puts it he "doesn't sugar coat anything" and I was in denial that I had cancer. By the third time I saw him I loved the man and his bedside manner. That was 6 years ago and my opinion has not changed. I was a nurse and he treats me with respect and does what he can to save trips to Columbus if something is available closer to home that is just as good.

An amazing doctor, I have total faith in him!

Posted on July 27th, 2012

I am 35 and was diagnosed with a large chondrosarcoma in my arm, within 3 weeks of finding out , dr mayerson had the tumor out. He took time to answer all of our questions, his bedside manner was great, he never made me feel rushed, intimidated. He is the best thing at the James and I would recommend him to anyone in this terrible situation.

Dr. Mayerson

Posted on July 26th, 2011

Always friendly and caring. Explains and answers all questions. When I leave his office I feel relieved and confident that everything will be just fine.

Honest Doctor That Will Spend Time With You When Needed

Posted on April 20th, 2011

I was told I had bone cancer by my family doctor. I was very intimidated by coming to The James. Dr. Mayerson walked in and told me first thing that I should not worry and he would be able to help my pain and get me back to walking very soon. He operated on me the next day and to my surprise I could walk again without severe pain. He truly is a compassionate man that is willing to listen and help. I would recommend him to anyone!

Terrible Experience with Dr. Mayerson

Posted on April 2nd, 2011

He was dismissive, pompous and had very little confidence in his ability when it came to helping my father. He tried to convince us that we had no other choice either than to chose him. Even though he told my Dad there was no way of removing his hematoma mass without amputation. Because no other doctor would do it either without amputation. Well that proved to be VERY wrong. We did find a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic who removed the hematoma, saved my dad's leg, and his life. No thanks to Dr. Mayerson. The only thing Dr. Mayerson did was leave a very bad taste in our mouth with the negative ability in Central Ohio doctors and treat us as a bother in his day! HUGE Disappointment. A doctor to defiantly stay clear of.

He made a difficult experience less intimidating

Posted on July 9th, 2010

I was told I had a bone tumor but no one else could give me any other information. I saw Dr. Mayerson and even though he told me I likely did have bone cancer, he made me feel at ease with the treatment options that were ahead for me. He took his time and spent over 45 minutes with me explaining my treatment plan and all of the options. He really made me feel like I can beat this cancer.

Posted on June 28th, 2010

Dr Mayerson sometimes becomes defensive if you ask questions. His P.A. presents himself as a doctor, has an awkward bedside manner, and had poor knowledge of my type of sarcoma. His nurses are excellent .

Best surgeon I know

Posted on July 7th, 2009

Dr. Mayerson was recommended by my doctor after he told me I probably had cancer. He made a very difficult time in my life tolerable and spent more time with me than I ever thought possible for a surgical sub-specialist. You can really tell he cares about his patients. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Excellent surgeon, compassionate physician

Posted on December 31st, 2008

When my family physician first told me that I might have bone cancer and was being referred to an orthopedic oncologist, I was petrified. From the moment Dr. Mayerson walked in the room, he made me feel comfortable that I was in good hands. He went over my xrays and MRI with me in detail. He explained what he thought the problem was and how we were going to treat it. He went over the probable surgical options and spent the extra time I needed to understand the information he was explaining. After the surgery he also spent time with me going over how the rehab process was going and how I was progressing compared to others with a large surgery like I had. You can really tell he loves his job and cares for his patients. I would recommend him without hesitation for anyone who needs an orthopedic oncologist.

Posted on December 31st, 2008

Excellent doctor. He took time explaining my medical condition in great detail. He made a very stressful time more pleasant. He really seemed to care about me and wnet over all the treatment options in great detail. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Posted on May 26th, 2016