Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel R Montbriand
Dr. Joel R Montbriand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boulder, CO, with other offices in Lafayette, CO and Lakewood, CO (and 3 other locations). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Montbriand is affiliated with Avista Adventist Hospital, Littleton Adventist Hospital and St Anthony North Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel R Montbriand has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 10
I have had diaria for 8 months. Joel was the 3rd Gastroenterologist I have seen. It was a very refreshing experience. He was the first doctor the actually listened to me. Also he didn't try to push a colonoscopy on me another first! I have now been diaria free for 11 days and I am following the regiment this doctor advised me. He even gave me his phone number in case I have problems or questions. For the first time in 8 months I am not scared that I am going to die from diaria.
I have seen Dr. Montbriand annually, and recently every 6 months, for several years. He always recognizes me, and then tunes in immediately to my medical history and current status. Dr. Montbriand is very conversant, answers questions without any "attitude", and is candid and caring at the same time.
I haven't yet met Dr. Montbriand, but I called their office and spoke to Dana to get an appointment. She was wonderful! The office is great. Got a real person without any wait (another practice made me wait 20 minutes and then was very impersonal). She answered my questions - was very personable and very helpful! What a difference! I would recommend this practice to anyone!
I found my experience to be quite the opposite of the other reviewers. I found the staff to be wonderful and Dr. Montbriand to be professional. I would recommended him to others.
Dr. Montbriand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. Joel R Montbriand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joel R Montbriand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boulder, CO.