Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel A Perlson has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Joel A Perlson has the following 5 expertise
Dr. Joel A Perlson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
I unfortunately have been seeing Dr perlson for 10 years. he has put me on multiple medications that have caused health issues.. I currently suffer from hemiplegic migraines..he has ran out of options so he is now prescribing old medications to me that never were to begin with..he is very rude doesn't give you a chance to talk and the wait time is ours to see him.. very uncompassionate
This clinic is poorly run, not sure where the problem is, but wait times are horrible, generally an hour or more, the office staff is not very sympathetic and Dr. Perlson is always in a hurry. After my last visit I decided to switch Doctors: My appointment was for 9:00 a.m. The nurse finally called me in shortly after 11:00 a.m. so 2 hours after my appointment time. As I waited w/ the door closed for Dr. Perlson to come in, I heard him through the door telling his staff to send home his patients in the waiting room and cancel his appointments and he was going in his office to do dictation. Hoping he would at least finish seeing patients already called to the back rooms, I waited another 30 min. No nurse came to tell me there was any delay or cancellation. After 30 min. I stuck my head out in the hall and asked how much longer he would be and was told he had an "emergency" and it could be another 30 min or an hour, they had no idea. At that point I left, very upset. They totally wasted my time and I will not be returning.
I am off on work comp. He has been seeing me for a month for a job related injury. He is very rude and will not listen, because he don't care and he makes that very clear. The only reason I am there is because it is my companies clinic, there is a reason this guy is at some crappy clinic and I know why, he sucks! He keeps this up he may get to meet my lawyer!
Dr. Perlson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Joel A Perlson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Health Center Pc, 4700 Schaefer Rd, Dearborn, MI
Dr. Joel A Perlson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.