Dr. Joel D Pickett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joel D Pickett?

Saved my life. Found a brain tumor that had been there for four year did the surgery and I have a complete recovery now

Lack of Tact

He was the Dr. on duty the day my relative passed. His words and tone was nonchalant, and during the conversation made mention/inquiry on organ donor. He was also over 30 minutes late.

Retired Marine Officer

I cannot say enough about Dr Pickett. I had to have a back fusion in May. I was not able to walk at all. I was in horrible pain. Dr Pickett gave me back my life. I now play golf again I walk with my wife usually 3 miles. Thank you Dr Pickett...

Dr. Pickett ...one of the best

I was told diagnosed with a large pituitary tumor. DR. Pickett removed it without destroying the gland.' and many years later I am still doing fine. I am thankful EVERYDAY for this man, he is the best. For those of you that complain about the time you wait in his office, please remember Huntsville is the main trauma center for N. Ala and S. Tenn. Please be kind he does what he does because he loves seeing people helped. Be patient and thankful it is not you with the emergency. My family and I love Dr. Pickett and his staff....and am very thankful for him.

A little over 5 hours to see him. We were very frustrated in the waiting room; we had a relative watching our son that day so my wife could come me. This is a business. If you don't watch scathing reviews, there were several other options when there are massive delays: 1. inform the patient while in the waiting room. We sat right through lunch of course, out of fear they would call us in. 2. don't schedule a patient for 9:30 when you will see them at 2:45. 3. I admit I got a little smart with the doctor. I said "I almost forgot why I came in anymore. 5 hours, what happened?" His reply was "well I'm here now. Do you want me to help you, or do you want to walk out the door?" If your profession is wearing you down to the point where you can't be slightly polite, then you need to make some changes. Something as simple as "Today I've been slammed", "Sorry", "A surgery came up" (No idea if this happened). Another reviewer wrote that he discounted the MRI findings (the report); he also did the same with me, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. His opinion was basically that the radiologists list everything they see, and it sounds much worse on paper. Summary: my MRI isn't bad, and no surgery is warranted.

2 to 3 hour wait every time.

Long wait short time with Doctor

Took a long time to get an apt. Waited four hours to see the doctor. Doctor performed little to no examination. He discounted any findings on my MRI from radiologists. Spoke with me less than five min. then apt. was over. Very dissapointed.

Excellent

Dr. Pickett was my physician when I came into the ER. He immediately diagnosed my problem and took care of my pain. I required an MRI and he allowed me medication to alleviate my panic (I am severely claustrophobic). He performed back surgery on me, which went without incident, and my recovery was smooth and faster than I expected. Dr. Pickett is not only an excellent diagnostician and surgeon, but he cares about his patient's concerns. I would (and have) recommend him to my friends and family.

A very good, caring man. He is incredibly smart and very good at what he does. I felt very safe under his care. He was very careful not rush into surgery. This doctor tried other methods to rectify my problem rather than putting me under the knife immediately which I truly appreciated. I would'nt consider going to another neurosurgeon. He is truly the BEST at what he does. He is quiet but you can tell he is a good person.

Dr. Joel D Pickett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.