Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel Albert has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Joel Albert has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Joel Albert is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Albert may be a better doctor now, but he was my pediatric psychiatrist when I was a child and developed panic attacks. He got me addicted to klonapin by prescribing very high doses of the medicine to control my panic attacks. I kept going to therapy but he only wanted to talk about sex, my breasts, and how hot his wife was when she was young. Or he would stare out the window. When my father passed away (I was only 16) I had no more insurance or money and Dr. Albert told me he would keep writing my scripts. Eventually however when I told him I wanted to quit the medicine (I was not seeing him very often at this point) he condescendingly told me that his rates were now over $400 per session and he no longer took insurance. He said this with great cruelty and smugness, or anyway that is what I perceived. This doctor was more than a waste of my time, he has hugely damaged my life. Left with no parents and no support, and no money, I had to fight my way free of a benzo addiction thanks to this sexually inappropriate and fully ineffectual doctor.
Dr. Albert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Norwalk Hospital Association
Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk CT
45 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1968
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions10 Hedgerow Cmn, Weston, CT
Dr. Joel Albert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Weston, CT.