Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel S Saal has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Joel S Saal has the following 4 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Joel S Saal has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
I understand they are in business to make a living... essentially to make money, but their process is caring for cattle -- they herd you through the appointments and procedures with next to little TLC and as long as they get their money, they really don't care about the patient's comfort or their ultimate condition.
Has yet to figure out anything conclusive as to a diagnosis; it's been three months. Wait times are absolutely absurd, and he's *never* less than half an hour late. Supposedly he saw something worth investigating while doing an ultrasound on my wrist, but I have no more conclusive information than "huh, that's funny." Oh, and thank you very much for both forgetting the anesthetic spray for cortisone injections AND not mentioning the forty-eight-hour flare-up of inflammation afterward.
I saw Dr Saal for a severe lumbar spine injury. I have never encountered a man as rude as Dr Saal in my life. He would sware and throw things at me and his staff if things weren't set up just right. During an epidural procedure when he injected the wrong level, he screamed at me, like it was my fault. He may be accurate in diagnosing problems, but I would never wish his treatment on anyone. I am actually surprised he is allowed to practice medicine! Please be careful about choosing him to "care" for you.
38 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Joel S Saal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joel S Saal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.