Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel J Schnure has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel J Schnure has the following 12 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Gland Issues
Dr. Joel J Schnure has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joel J Schnure is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I was a patient of Dr Joel Schnure from November 1973 till about spring of 1999 when he was at practice UHS in Johnson City, New York. I liked Dr Schnure because his motto was If you do not do what is correct in treating type I diabetes do not waste your time, your money and his time. Dr Schnure said you do not fix something that is not broke. He was honest and did not pull punches. Judith Ann Nalepa AGE 68 years old and have been a type I diabetic since May 1962.
Had a lump that doctor decided to wait for a year to do anything about because it was small. Year later it had doubled in size. Doctor ordered a biopsy and found it to be cancer. Even though it may be rare to be cancerous I believe it should have been taken care of when it was originally found. Dr. Schnure is always in a rush at appointments and not a good listener at all. He seems to think he knows what you are going to say before you talk and belittles much of what I say. Later, when he gets bloodwork results he apoligizes and says "know wonder you feel so bad".
- University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Kaleida Health System
Dr. Joel J Schnure accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUvm Medical Center Endocrinology, 62 Tilley Dr Ste 202, South Burlington, VT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel J Schnure in this video.
Dr. Joel J Schnure is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Burlington, VT.