Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joel K Sears
Dr. Joel K Sears, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spokane Valley, WA, with other offices in Spokane Valley, WA and Coeur D Alene, ID (and 1 other location). He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Sears is affiliated with Deaconess Hospital and Valley Hospital. Dr. Sears has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel K Sears has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Joel K Sears has the following 13 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
Dr. Joel K Sears has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joel K Sears is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Thank you for doing a great job on the surgery. It healed very well and no infection with simple care afterwards with Vaseline. The stitches all dissolved and it is very hard to see the place where surgery took place. We would highly recommend Dr. Sears to do skin cancer surgery to anyone.
There is always a certain amount of apprehension to a surgical procedure. The doctors and staff here are outstanding in helping you feel calm as well as explaining what they are doing. You always feel that you are important and that they really care. I give the entire staff credit for making me feel at ease
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sears is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University of Iowa
Graduated in 1985
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Joel K Sears accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Access PPO
- Alliant Plus
- Elect PPO
- Medicare Advantage HMO
- Omni PPO
- Options Federal
- Options PPO
- Overlake Employees
- Sound Choice
- Swedish Caregivers
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- PacificSource PSN
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joel K Sears is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Spokane Valley, WA.