Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel Shavell
Dr. Joel Shavell, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Dearborn, MI, with another office in Taylor, MI. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shavell is affiliated with St. John Hospital & Medical Center, St. John Hospital and St. John Northeast. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel Shavell has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 13
In my opinion, he is a joke. Before I even sat down and before he had my records, he had his mind made up and told me I should get a third opinion. My dermatologist, prev rheumatologist, current Dr. Office that has several different rhematoligsts that have reviewed my records that all agree with my condition, I was in a drug study for patients with lupus for more than 14 months, I had lab results from a skin biopsy that said lupus or rowels syndrome, plus other labs that were accepable to get me in a drug study, and he still says there is no problem with my skin rash or my health... It is not lupus per this Dr. All of my pain and discomfort are not enough for me to miss work. He does IME's. He's rude and not worth risking your health with this office.
doctor was not focused on medical care. took several personal phone calls during the appointment. wrote down wrong information than what patient said. antagonistic attitude towards patient. late in seeing patient due to personal problems with no apology. poor bedside manner with no information on medical care.
Dr. Shavell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. John Hospital & Medical Center
St. John Hospital
St. John Northeast
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital-Warren Campus
43 Years Experience
Kansas City University of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joel Shavell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.