Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel P Spalding MD
Dr. Joel P Spalding, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Cloud, MN, with other offices in Minneapolis, MN and Saint Cloud, MN . He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Adolescent Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel P Spalding has 3 locations
2545 Chicago Ave Ste 217
Minneapolis, MN 55404
1900 Centracare Cir
Saint Cloud, MN 56303
Book Online Now
Dr. Joel P Spalding has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Joel P Spalding has the following 13 expertise
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
Dr. Joel P Spalding is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
24 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1994
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Joel P Spalding Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel P Spalding, MD - Adolescent Medicine in Saint Cloud, MN, in this video.
Dr. Joel P Spalding is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Cloud, MN.