Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel M Spiro has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
Showing 5 of 16
Visited this office today after only having booked the appointment YESTERDAY! I had been frustrated after calling allmost every dermatologist in the capital region, and none of them were available for at least 2-3 weeks, some even over 3 months! Everyone from the receptionist, to the nurse, and the nurse practitioner were friendly, courteous, and generally pleasant to interact with. I received a detailed diagnosis, and am happy to have visited this office. I would recommend them to anyone.
I have been a patient for many years. Dr. Sprio seems to be a decent enough chap but the overall experience from the medical standpoint does not inspire confidence. One has the impression that the office is driven by a business model that dictates the amount of time the doctor can spend with any one patient, and that amount of time is in the single digits. If you've got 1.9 meters of surface area of fish-belly white Nordic skin, you can't help wondering if a quick glance at 0.5 m2 is enough.
Dr. Spiro has been my dermatologist for sometime now and I trust his opinion however, It takes months to get an appointment. The head receptionist is very rude and condescending but the Dr. Feels the need to keep her even after more than one complaint. You arrive early only to sit in the waiting room for an hour past your scheduled appointment time. In my opinion it is not worth the wait and there are many Dr.'s that are just as good with out the rudeness and wait time. Off to find another Dr.
54 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1964
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Joel M Spiro accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoel M Spiro Md, 736 Madison Ave Ste 1, Albany, NY
Dr. Joel M Spiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.