Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel A Virkler has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Injuries
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 17
I suffered a rupture of my Achilles in August. Dr. Virkler handled my case from the beginning and was terrific. He was available at all hours to provide advice/coordinate care in emergent situations leading up to the surgery. He provided a correct assessment of the tear and recommended immediate surgery. His office handled all of the insurance issues in a quick and efficient manner which allowed me to have the surgery without delay. The surgery was successful and my recovery has been moving forward with no issues and ahead of schedule. I am very grateful for the way that Dr. Virkler and his staff handled this situation for me. He is an outstanding professional and I would recommend him and his office to anyone.
Dr. Virkler performed the surgery for my total knee replacement. At my initial appointment He spent time educating me about the procedure, recovery, and answering my questions. He and his staff made an extra effort working with my insurance so I could have the surgery during my early requested time frame. He personally called me to confirm the surgery schedule and that the insurance had been approved. After a successful surgery, I went home the next day, but not before he talked with me about pain level, general overall feelings, medical devices to assist in recovery, and physical therapy. Throughout the process, Dr. Virkler treated me as if I was the most important patient. He was compassionate and caring. I knew that I could and can still call their office anytime with questions. It’s wonderful to have mobility again. I highly recommend him. Hoping that I won’t need the other knee or any hips replaced, but if it happens, I will go to Dr. Virkler.
I was so fortunate Dr. Virkler was "on call"when I broke the radius and ulna in my left arm. He personally called me at home that evening to set up surgery the next day. When I met with him, he carefully explained the surgery and placement of the radial head, plate, and screws. Dr. Virkler was very caring, concerned, and compassionate, as well as knowledgeable. Due to his excellent care and surgical skill, I have regained the use and mobility of my arm. I highly recommend Dr. Virkler!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
9 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2009
Dr. Joel A Virkler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLafayette Orthopaedic Clinic, 1411 S Creasy Ln Ste 120, Lafayette, IN
Dr. Joel A Virkler is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Lafayette, IN.