Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel J Wiszniak has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Wiszniak really took the time during my appointment to listen. I was scared that I had a cancer growth and he was extremely thorough, kind, and answered all of my questions without rushing me. Happy to say that everything turned out okay! Beautiful office too - great dermatologist in Aventura.
Received delayed appointment 4 weeks, symptoms disappeared at the time of appointment.Got a scary rash which turned into open wounds on my arms, contacted the clinic of Dr. Joel Wiszniak (I am a patient already) and couldnt get an appointment less than 4 weeks ahead. On the day of the appointment the rash was almost gone (I treated myself with an antibiotic ointment) When I called Dr. Wiszniak on the day of the appointment to report that the symptoms are almost invisible Dr. Wiszniak told me not to come and make an appointment when and if the rash will return.Dr. Wiszniak is no longer my dermatologist or medical provider, he lost my confidence. I will never come to him again. A fancy clinic is never compensation to a bad attitude for patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wiszniak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Joel J Wiszniak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoel Wiszniak Md, 18205 Biscayne Blvd Ste 2217, Aventura, FL
Dr. Joel J Wiszniak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aventura, FL.