Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel R Wolfe has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Joel R Wolfe has the following 16 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Joel R Wolfe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joel R Wolfe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I was referred there due to continued ongoing pain in my knee from a fall. I had several small fractures, a Baker's cyst and extreme swelling. Dr. Wolfe was the first surgeon they had me see at this clinic. When I met with him he told me he didn't do knees and so let's try cortisone. After a painful shot (I believe he injected it in the wrong location) and only a brief time of relief, overshadowed by the shot pain that left me black and blue and lingered for weeks, the pain, swelling and Baker's cyst in my knee were back. On the second visit they sent me to Dr. Powers who apparently they said did do knees. Dr. Powers barely took the time to speak to me or even look at the knee. His only recourse was to suggest physical therapy. Which considering the swelling in my knee and the unaddressed cyst would have only made my knee worse. He then scheduled me back for a follow up in 3 months! I cannot sleep due to the constant pain, walk on stairs without fear of falling due to the instability of my knee and my knee randomly slips out of joint causing repeat injury and pain. I called and scheduled an appointment with him sooner in November as I needed to resolve the issue and when I went for my appointment they did not even have me on the schedule and Dr. Powers was not even there. Needless to say I asked my doctor for a different referral. I will never use this clinic again nor would I recommend them to anyone. Very poor service and uncaring, incompetent physicians.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
31 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Joel R Wolfe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsShoreline Orthopaedic, 370 120th Ave Ste 20, Holland, MI
Dr. Joel R Wolfe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Holland, MI.