Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joel Zaretzky
Dr. Joel Zaretzky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ansonia, CT. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Zaretzky is affiliated with Griffin Hospital, Derby Nursing Home and Methodist Home, Shelton CT. Dr. Zaretzky has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joel Zaretzky has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joel Zaretzky is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
This office is a complete mad house. Most of the staff is completely rude and disorganized. The phones are almost always sent to the answering service and when they are not they are "busy" most of the time. If you can through on the phone and need a doctor quickly you can expect a 2 week wait for an appointment.In addition, there is no privacy as all of the patient rooms are right next to each other and the walls are so thin you can hear everyone's visit with the doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Zaretzky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Derby Nursing Home
Methodist Home, Shelton CT
Derby Nursing Home, Derby CT
Shelton Lakes Healthcare Center, Inc., Shelton CT
Griffin Hospital, Derby CT
Hospital Of St Raphael
Hospital Of Saint Raphael, New Haven CT
Gardner Heights Health Care Center, Inc., Shelton CT
Marshall Lane Manor, Derby CT
Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center, Inc., Shelton CT
Marshall Lane Manor
37 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Hospital Of Saint Raphael
Dr. Joel Zaretzky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoel S Zaretzky MD, 199 Wakelee Ave, Ansonia, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel Zaretzky in this video.
Dr. Joel Zaretzky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ansonia, CT.