Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joelle M Vlahakis has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 5
when Dr Angsten was my palliative care Dr. Life was great. She always treated me with respect , and goes out of her way to solve problems for her patients. IMO sometimes the less compassionate smaller minds she has had to work in tandem with have been her only limitation. When i was her patient i did not suffer under her, and always felt listened to. It was an unfortunate event that precipitated my departure from her palliative care practice, which I am told has been disbanded by Tidewell? This patient's life certainly lacks a great deal of quality without her as my Dr. I am very lucky to have who i have now. Am still terminally ill and suffer more now than before. Sometimes you dont know how good you had it until someone takes it away.
22 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Joelle M Vlahakis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSarasota Memorial Hospital, 1700 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joelle M Vlahakis in this video.
Dr. Joelle M Vlahakis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.