Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joelle A Wennlund has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Laser Hair Removal
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Instead of hearing me, and demonstrating at least some empathy for my concern, Dr. Wennlund instead chose to dissect my medical history line by line, as though I were a child in need corrective action, to illustrate that I could not be more wrong. It was as though my medical history just happened yesterday and I had no idea about it. She even went so far as search - in my presence - for medical evidence to counter the experience I knew I was having with my own body. I was then given the statistics to further clarify how wrong I was: If it's not been studied, it can't be happening. I still feel disgusted and ashamed to be me. To be clear, no physician has to agree with a patient's self-diagnosis or proposed solution. A physician does however have to exhibit some kindness and sensitivity, particularly when discussing a topic as personal as sexual health. Dr. Wennlund did neither. Once satisfied that she'd done enough, she simply said, "I'm sorry. I can't help you," then left the room, wordlessly. No patient should be treated like I was.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
25 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Saint Francis Hospital
Dr. Joelle A Wennlund accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAurora West Allis Medical Center, 8901 W Lincoln Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Joelle A Wennlund is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.