Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joey Liu has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joey Liu has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Joey Liu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I'm a new patient who was assigned by my insurance company to Dr. Joey Liu, and I wanted to call the office to ask them a couple of questions before setting up my FIRST appointment. The lady who answered the phone was SO RUDE from the first word that came out of her mouth. She seemed so annoyed to have to answer the phone and deal with anyone. She tried telling me he wasn't accepting new patients, even though I tried explaining that he was listed as my doctor through my insurance...her response: "well he's NOT accepting new patients, so I don't know what to tell you". REALLY LADY?! I wasn't going to sit there and argue with her, so I hung up and decided this just wasn't going to be a good fit for me. I'm so annoyed and disappointed that this is how patients are treated when they call Dr. Liu's office. I hope Dr. Liu treats his patients better than the way his staff treats them.
Dr. was very efficient and knew his stuff well. The nurse finished checking my blood pressure. Two minutes later, the doctor walked in. He was really patience with my questions and took the time to answer all of time. I wanted to make sure I understand clearly so I repeated some of my questions twice and he was really good about answering them again. He didn't smile and didn't look cheerful but that didn't bother me as long as he was good about treating me accurately and I was happy my time wasn't wasted waiting for Dr. Liu. The last time I was there being treated by another doctor, my wait time in the patient room was about 20 minutes for the doctor to come. She was really cheery and bubbly but didn't sound that intelligent so I rather have Dr. Liu since he's accurate and didn't waste my time.
My husband was very ill with something, possible kidney dysfunction, intestinal blockage, etc. Dr Liu saw him within 10 minutes of arrival even without an appt. He ran some tests, examined him, made a tenative diagnosis, and began treatment including an in office IV. We were so glad to avoid the ER. He diagnosed severe food poisoning; within a few hours, he began to improve, by the end of the day could sit up and take liquids. He is not the most cheerful, friendly guy but I don't really care if he is good at diagnosis and treatment.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Liu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Joey Liu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThousand Oaks Urgent Care, 620 E Janss Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Joey Liu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.