Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Johanna R Freedman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
I have been a patient in this office for 15 years. First with Dr. Walter, then with Dr. Friedman. Recently, for the first time ever, I missed an appointment. I wrote it down on Tuesday, and my appointment was on the Monday before. I received no appointment reminder phone call or message. I was charged $50 for a no show!! I apologized to the receptionist, the nurse practitioner who I saw instead of the doctor when I re-scheduled, but I was still charged for the no show. I work in a doctors office and we have no-shows all the time, and we never charge them. RUDE.
I have been a patient of Dr. Freedman's for over 3 years. Increasingly during visits the staff including Dr. Freeman spend more time entering information in the computer during the visit that actually talking or looking at me. I had a phone conversation with the nurse as a follow up to an appointment, and her responses were delayed and I could hear her typing. Dr. Freedman only focuses on one issue, and doesn't follow-up on prior issues that may or may not be resolved. The receptionist is a hard gate keeper and it is difficult to be able to talk to the nurse or medical assistant. There is a 1.5 minute recorded message regarding insurance and payments that you have to listen to every time you call the office. This is becoming more like the Kaiser system and less like an independent family practice.
Dr. Freedman is a very nice person. She is concerned with solving a medical issue. The problem with our visit is the rudeness and demeanor of the office staff. Their treatment has made us decide to change doctors. It is not a warm feeling to be treated by staff as if you are beneath them. Without patients there is not an office! Dr. Freedman's nurse is nice but again do not expect anything from the remainder of the staff!!! This was not a one time experience.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Freedman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Johanna R Freedman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNew West Physicians, 9950 W 80th Ave Ste 23, Arvada, CO
Dr. Johanna R Freedman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arvada, CO.