Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Johanna A Pallotta has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have been a patient for over 7 year an she is one of the best endocrinologists at the hospital. She is very personable, professional, and always keeps me informed about my health. She is a great communicator and I feel like I am receiving the best care due to her level of experience and dedication to her patients.
Speaking from a patient's perspective, I first met Dr. Pallotta in 2007 when it was suggested of me that I get my thyroid checked. at the time I had no idea how much I would come to benefit from Dr. Pallotta's expertise and moreover, compassion for what would later become a very difficult time for me. I should say Dr. Pallotta has a history with my family dating back to 1981, as thyroid conditions we now know are of a hereditary nature. In 2011 it was discovered I indeed had a thyroid issue that needed attention quickly. At the time, I was needless to say a combination of scared, and moreover eager to be seen by someone I trusted and felt confident in treating me. It has been the best decision from a health perspective I've ever made coming to see Dr. Pallotta. I would encourage anyone seeking treatment for such a sensitive issue as endocrinology to seek out her knowledge and dedication. She puts her patients in the best position to recover, and is truly a comfort to speak to.
Dr. Pallotta is a compassionate and caring physician. She is concerned and interested in all aspects of your life and not just about your diagnosis. In addition, my surgeon commented on her thorough diagnosis and testing prior to my surgery. Furthermore, not only did she provide me with emotional support as I dealt with the health issue but she also listened and recognized the impact of stress on my health because of my son's deployment to Afghanistan. I would refer her to my friends and family with total confidence.
56 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1962
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Johanna A Pallotta accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Johanna A Pallotta in this video.
Dr. Johanna A Pallotta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.