Dr. John-Paul Mead Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John-Paul Mead?

Posted on July 1st, 2013

I went to see Dr Mead as a patient for 3 years. He barely had time or patience with me. I was having problems with my blood pressure. He increased my medicine and when I returned in 3 months because it was not controlled he asked me why I was bothering him. When I explained my BP was not good at work he said what is that telling you? I changed doctors and found out I was on the wrong type of BP medication. I was switched over and BP has been fine ever since.Glad I changed before I had a stroke! He needs to care about what patients are telling him.

Good doctor if you're thin and healthy

Posted on August 29th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Mead for over 4 years. In that time, he's tried to blame every medical question I have on my weight. In all fairness, I am 40 lbs overweight. I freely admit and acknowledge this fact and do not have a problem discussing it. As a matter of fact, I've told him several times that I cannot lose weight no matter what I do. When I asked him once about pain & irregular lab work that I had to look on the internet to discover was irregular in the first place, he said it was because I was overweight. A specialist later informed me I advanced degenerative arthritis. When I asked Dr. Mead about it later he said it was no big deal, a lot of people had it and I should lose weight. I reminded him I was having trouble losing weight no matter what I tried and I thought my thyroid levels were off (I am hypo-thyroid) and was having other symptoms. He said levels were fine. I asked to see my history and was surprised to see my levels climbing so I asked if he was going to do anything about that. He said no, he didn't want to make me hyper-thyroid. I had to tell him to change the dosage of my medication and waited for my lab results to come back before I finally had the energy to look for a new doctor. I'm not sure what his deal is, whether he's too busy or just likes to blame everything on people being overweight - not realizing there may be a legitimate medical REASON why people are overweight, tired, in pain, etc. He just isn't the doctor for me.

Posted on March 25th, 2009

Dr. Mead is very thorough and really knows his stuff. He is also caring and friendly.

Posted on September 5th, 2017