Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John-Paul L Newport has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I have only been a patient of Dr. Newport's for a few years and have undergone several bladder procedures. Dr. Newport stays on top of the the advances and treatments available in urology, so you can rest assured you will get the best treatment possible for your condition. Dr. Newport takes take to listen and answers question completely. Rest assure your wait time is worth the wait. As a Women I would him to other women wanting a knowledgeable caring Urologist.
Dr. Newport seems to be an excellent Urologist. He is very polite and he asks questions and listens carefully to answers. I feel that he gave me a very thorough examination. He explains the treatment he feels is necessary. He takes whatever time is necessary with each visit. Very casual office experience. Would highly recommend Dr. Newport.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
13 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. John-Paul L Newport accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTennessee Urology Associates Pllc, 7557 Dannaher Dr Ste 230, Powell, TN
Dr. John-Paul L Newport is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Powell, TN.