Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Avallone has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John A Avallone has the following 14 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. John A Avallone has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Avalon was a pleasure to have as my surgeon for a complicated shoulder replacement. He stayed involved and committed throughout my surgery and rehab. An excellent physical therapy dept. Is right in his office and Dr. Avalon would periodically stop in to see how I was progressing. Plus, he has a great sense of humor.
My mother ended up in the hospital while out of state and broke her fingers and injured her hand. She was referred to Dr. Avallone (who she had seen before) for follow-up care within 2 weeks. She called to make an appointment THREE times and was told they would call her back. After her three calls over a 2 week period, I called. I was then told that he didn't want to take her on as a patient. Gee, thanks. Couldn't you have bothered to tell me that right away, and not wait for 2 weeks after receiving a FOURTH call?!? You don t want to take her case, fine. But have the decency to tell her. A reason wouldn't hurt. I found the receptionists to be rather rude as well and gave me no information or help whatsoever. As a patient, I want compassionate care. You won t get it here.
The Doctor shows compassion, great verbal and surgical skills.I've had 2 surgeries done by the Doctor with another coming up shortly. I met the Doctor by chance, he was the only Doctor willing to help me. He had to finish/ correct what another Doctor had no time to do as he was busy that weekend. Dr Avallone & his partner Dr. Carrone came to my assistance and solved my problem, he has been my Doctor of choice ever since.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Avallone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. John A Avallone accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn A Avallone Do, 111 Floral Vale Blvd, Morrisville, PA
Dr. John A Avallone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morrisville, PA.